How to prepare your observation in p2
The Observing Blocks can be prepared through our web-tool p2. You can easily log in by using your User Portal credentials (yes! the same you used for accessing p1 and submitting your proposal and to check the web-letter).
After logging in, you will see that the instrument runs defined in your approved Phase 1 proposal now appear in your account. For each run you should prepare one or more OB to define the associated observation.
To guide you step by step, we have created a series of tutorials from the creation of a single and simple OB to more complex structures such as OB containers. Let's go in order. Follow link after link the following list of tutorials and you will become a pro of the ESO Phase 2!
- p2 basic concepts and introduction
- How to create a single OB and its templates in p2
- I do not understand the template entries: look for info in the User and template manuals and tutorials
- How to set the observing constraints
- How to group my OB
- How to prepare a concatenation container
- How to create a time-link container
- How to use ObsPrep for my observation
- How to import a link of targets in p2
- How to generate the finding chart
- How to fill the read me
- How to conclude the observation in p2